Hall of Fame
To view past inductees click HERE
Rules of Induction
HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE
HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE
- A Chairperson shall be appointed by the President of the New England Horseshoe Pitchers Association.
- One Committee member will be selected from the Hall of Fame Committee of each New England State.
- Resumes on Players, Organizers and Player/Organizer will be submitted from the New England Hall Of Fame Committee members.
- Player candidates will be selected from their records in the "New England Championship Tournament" and will not be required to have been former "Champions".
- Active players must have a minimum of "TEN" years of playing in "Class A" New England Championship Tournament play.
- Retired players must have played a minimum of "FIVE" years. (Same for Posthumous)
- Same rules apply to candidates as an Organizer concerning the number years.
- Candidates will be elected on the merits of their resumes and records. Any questionable resume may be rejected.
- Voting will be restricted to resumes included on the ballot prepared by the Chairperson.
- Committee members may or may not discuss their choices with other committee members.
- Voting will be completed by August 1st.
- Candidates will be elected by a majority vote and results will be sent to the President and Committee members as soon as possible.
- There will be no secrecy concerning the election.
- Induction will be made at the annual "New England Meeting" held at the New England Tournament.
- The Induction may be made by the Hall Of Fame Chairperson, or a member friend selected by the recipient.
- The Chairperson shall be responsible for obtaining the plaque.
- If possible, one Player and one Organizer, or one Organizer/Player should be elected annually.
- The Chairperson of the New England Hall Of Fame Committee will schedule a meeting at least once a year.
- Other business may be conducted through correspondence.
- The Hall Of Fame Plaque and Resume Book will be on display at the hosting club on the weekend of the New England Tournament.
- The Display will be maintained and stored by the Chairperson during the winter months
- Any proposed rule changes in this document by the Hall Of Fame Committee must be approved by the New England Executive Board. This document prepared August 1, 1991.